EMACS eases the pain
So, what's so great about EMACS?
- Auto-indenting. Just press tab with the cursor on each line. Notice
how each code block causes indentation. Bugs become easy to spot.
- Code colouring. Notice the different colours for differnet things.
Missing closed quotes become obvious, as do mistyped command names.
- Brackets: When you close a bracket, EMACS moves the cursor briefly to
show the location of the matching opening bracket.
- You can compile and run your programs from the interface.
- The window can be split: refer to sample code easily.
NOTE: The Java section is mostly in maintenence mode. I don't have time to work on it right now. Errors will be corrected if pointed out, but they are not actively being searched for. Newer site features, like alternate stylesheets, may cause problems with these pages.