The Lottery Picker is for 6-from-49 only. The odds for this are 13,983,816 to 1. For other random numbers, try random.org
Fun Lottery Facts!
- There is no way to increase your chances of winning. At all.
- Really. Anyone who says otherwise wants your money.
- If "winning systems" worked, the creators would spend their time buying tickets, not selling the system.
- People play some numbers more than others, believing them to be "lucky".
- Payouts where "lucky" numbers are drawn are lower, because they're shared more ways.
- Systems which claim to win more money by buying lots of similar tickets don't work either.
- On average, every single form of gambling loses the punters money.
- There are people whose job it is to keep it this way.
- Lotteries keep a much higher percentage of the player's money than casinos do.
- Casinos make up for this by making it easy to lose more money in one go.
- To win a 6 from 49 lottery in 25 years, on average, you must buy 10,757 tickets a week.
If you still feel like wasting your money, these are as good as any other ones. Which isn't saying much.
Numbers valid for 6 milliseconds per day.
OK, so how do I come up with these mumbers. Firstly, the odds of winning a 6-from-49 lottery:
- Possible ways the balls can come out: 49×48×47×46×45×44 = 10,068,347,520
- The order doesn't matter, so without this: 10,068,347,520 ÷6÷5÷4÷3÷2÷1 =
- A final odds of 13,983,816 to 1
Milliseconds per day
- Milliseconds in a day: No of hours × Minutes in an hour × Seconds in a minute × Milliseconds in a second
- 24×60×60×1000 = 86,400,000
- Different lottery combinations to share the day between: 13,983,816
- Milliseconds for each number combination: 86,400,000 ÷ 13,983,816
- = approx. 6.179 ms, which rounds off to 6 ms
Tickets per week
On average, to have a chance come up, you must run the event the same number of times as the odds... For example, to get a six on a die, on average, six rolls would be needed.
- Number of possible outcomes: 13,983,816
- Number of weeks to get this outcome: 52 × 25 = 1,300
- Chances needed per week, to on average get a positive outcome = 13,983,816 ÷ 1,300
- = 10,756.78 - basically 10,757 a week.