Note that I currently have a job, so this is for information purposes only.
- Email details here
- Phone & Address
- These may be provided on request
- Yahoo! Messenger
Date of birth: 2nd March,1981
I am a competent, flexible worker. I have vast experience of many
different computer operating systems and applications. I am conscientious, and
am always pleased to see a job well done. I am organised, friendly, and have
good interpersonal skills.
My main interest is in computing. I
spend a lot of my leisure time programming and upgrading my PC. I am also
interested in graphics, especially 3D
rendering, using Bryce 4.
Continuing from my science-based A-levels, I am particularly interested
in current advances in the fields of science and technology. I try to keep
abreast of these developments by reading science magazines and journals.
I enjoy comedy TV programmes and films, eating out and socialising with
I have three cats, who sometimes accompany me on walks in the
surrounding countryside. We have family membership of the National Trust and
enjoy visiting their many places of interest.
- I have used the database connectivity functionality of PHP with both
MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Web Technologies
- I am familiar with a wide range of web technologies, including
CSS. This can be seen in my
CSS Preview system.
- I have experience of the JAXP package, which was optional
for J2SE 1.3, but is
included in J2SE 1.4. This will allow me to write applications which use XML to
store or exchange data. An
example of my
Java programming is available.
- The database modules I took covered basic SQL databases, the
object-relational database PostgreSQL, and the object database O2. I
am also familiar with PHPMyAdmin, a web-based front end to PHP.
- Group Work
- During my course at University, two modules required working in a
group with others. This has given me valuable experience in the skills required
for this. I
bugs to the Mozilla project, and frequently check on it's status,
which provides experience of how a very large project is run.
- Design Methodologies
- I am familiar with both the SSADM and UML systems.
- I am experienced in StarOffice, Microsoft and Lotus environments, and
have also previously used WordPerfect 5. I also am familiar with products from
Serif, JASC, MetaCreations, PlanIt and SoftQuad.
- I recently finished my 3-year Computing and Information Systems
course at the University of Bradford. The main language we studied was Java.
Through the two group projects that were part of the course, I gained valuable
insights into how to work as a team. The department's Sun machines provided a
useful introduction into Unix. Other courses provided introductions to areas
such as OpenGL and PostgreSQL.
- General Studies A
- Computing C
- Physics D
- Mathematics D
- Mathematics A
- Chemistry A
- Physics A
- English Literature A
- Information Systems B
- English B
- French B
- Geography B
- Biology B
- History C
- Dec 2003 - Apr 2004
- M² Consultancy. Worked on various PHP-based web projects. Also produced a Perl/modem interface for the sending and manipulation of text messages.
- 2002 - 2003
- Assorted tempoary jobs.
- 1997 - 2002
- Saturday work at Arnold Laver DIY, Guiseley. Computer design
assistant for the furniture department. Creating presentation graphics of
kitchens for customers. I also produce information leaflets for use throughout
the Arnold Laver group. I have also assisted at the annual stock-take since
- Homeloan Management, Skipton. Work experience. I encountered various
aspects of the uses of information technology in the field of financial